Reduce Stains on Your Teeth with These Tips
Do you find yourself feeling self-conscious over you dull or stained teeth? Our dentists at Exceptional Dentistry in Dixon, IL provide teeth whitening treatments in order to help you achieve the perfect smile in the comfort of your own home. Along with treatments our dentists recommend avoiding certain foods and beverages that could stain your pearly whites again. Read on to learn a few tips on how to reduce stains on your teeth.
- Brush your teeth after every meal. Regular cleaning of your teeth will help to avoid build-up and stains. Talk to your dentist to learn how to properly and effectively brush your teeth.
- Rinse out your mouth often. Rinsing your mouth after every meal will help to get rid of debris that can discolor your teeth. A quick swig of water can help to protect your smile.
- Pay attention to what mouthwash you are using. There are mouthwashes available that help to reduce plaque that causes stains. An antibacterial wash will work best to protect your teeth and reduce stains.
- Choose a whitening toothpaste. New innovations have allowed safe and effective methods to brighten your smile with the use of toothpaste you can find at your local store. Shy away from toothpaste that contains gritty materials that could damage your tooth’s enamel.
- Avoid certain foods. Coffee, tea, sodas, and acidic fruits can easily stain your smile. If you choose to enjoy any of these foods or drinks, then make it a habit to rinse your mouth out immediately after.
Our dental staff at Exceptional Dentistry want you to feel good about your smile. If you are interested in a whitening treatment for your smile, then contact our clinic to schedule an appointment with one of our dentists today!